Medical Office Admissions Rep
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job Code: 26660-1308
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company by ensuring that patients are admitted efficiently, courteously, and in a timely manner. This includes providing accurate demographic and insurance information to ensure accurate coding, billing, and claims submission.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Responsible for accurately performing all functions of patient admissions, including reviewing all information with patient, completing appropriate forms, and copying appropriate insurance cards and photo identification.
* Collects and documents all collections actions for patient co-payment and deductibles at the time of service as applicable and issues appropriate payment receipts.
* Performs routine clerical and administrative functions, including answering incoming phone calls.
* Prepares patient charts and pulls previous medical records if applicable. Collects and delivers charts when requested.
* Performs insurance verification when necessary.
* Manages the reception area and greets patients and family members in a professional manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Organization Proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources and time.
* Communication Communicates clearly, concisely, and professionally.
* Analytical Skills Demonstrates ability to critically evaluate and appropriately act upon information.
* Customer Orientation maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
* Decision Making Identifies issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or develops appropriate solutions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
* Contributing to Team Success Actively participates as a member of the Center s team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
* Policies & Procedures Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems.
* PC Skills Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn, AdvantX Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
* Technical Skills Demonstrates a basic knowledge of medical terminology and medical insurance.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility standard.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
* This job requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. It also requires coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, computer, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing/eyesight/voice projection to record, prepare, and communicate appropriately. Requires occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may involve dealing with angry or upset people and may be stressful at times.
Last Edited: 09/15/2016