Medical Office Admissions Rep
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
West Valley City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 26046-2528
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company by ensuring that patients are admitted efficiently, courteously, and in a timely manner. This includes providing accurate demographic and insurance information to ensure accurate coding, billing, and claims submission.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Responsible for accurately performing all functions of patient admissions, including reviewing all information with patient, completing appropriate forms, and copying appropriate insurance cards and photo identification.
* Collects and documents all collections actions for patient co-payment and deductibles at the time of service as applicable and issues appropriate payment receipts.
* Performs routine clerical and administrative functions, including answering incoming phone calls.
* Prepares patient charts and pulls previous medical records if applicable. Collects and delivers charts when requested.
* Performs insurance verification when necessary.
* Manages the reception area and greets patients and family members in a professional manner.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility standard.
Last Edited: 08/29/2016