Medical Payment Poster - Cash Applications Representative ( EVR )
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Surgical Care Affiliates
JOB DESCRIPTIONCareer opportunity to join the 'partner of choice for surgical care', Surgical Care Affiliates (S.C.A.) as a "Medical Payment Poster- Cash Applications Representative" role. The ideal candidate has at least one year of cash applications / payment posting experience in the healthcare industry. We offer a great benefits package including health/dental insurance options, PTO, 401K, and more. All of which begin on your first day of employment.
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 194 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,800 physicians and in affiliation with 105 health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities - clinically, operationally, and financially.
The "MEDICAL PAYMENT POSTER- CASH APPLICATIONS REPRESENTATIVE" is responsible for ensuring payments and adjustments are accurately recorded in the patient accounting system daily. The teammate will utilize the payer contracts loaded in the patient accounting system and/or a hard contract copy to ensure appropriate payment received. The Payment Poster will ensure notes are entered in the patient account, and copies of EOB's, denials and other correspondence are provided to the Collector. The Payment Poster will ensure the cash deposited in the bank and the amount posted in the system is in balance daily. THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN CARMEL, IN, IN THE METRO INDIANAPOLIS AREA.
* Payments and adjustments are accurately recorded in the patient accounting system daily.
* Utilize the payer contracts loaded in the patient accounting system and/or a hard contract copy to ensure appropriate payment received.
* Ensure notes are entered in the patient account, and copies of EOB's, denials and other correspondence are provided to the Collector.
* Ensure the cash deposited in the bank and the amount posted in the system is in balance daily.
* Understands importance of HIPAA within a Medical facility
* Ability to enter data into computer, files large amounts of paper, and use office equipment.
* Pull bank statements from prior day
* Verify details of bank statements
* "Post" to individual patient accounts
* Balance receivables
* ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE IN A MEDICAL OFFICE, HOSPITAL, HEALTHCARE, OUTPATIENT SURGERY CENTER WITH CASH HANDLING EXPERIENCE SUCH AS CASH APPLICATIONS, CASH POSTING, PAYMENT POSTING, POSTING ADMINISTRATOR, CREDIT BALANCE ANALYSTS OR SIMILAR ROLE
* Working knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word
* Understanding of the revenue cycle activities
* Detail oriented and highly organized
* Accounting and math skills
* Ability to analyze and not just enter data
* High school diploma/GED
* Three or more years' experience specifically in payment posting or cash posting role in the medical, hospital, outpatient surgery center or related field
* Required knowledge of EFT, EOB, ERA and other forms of remittance advice.
* Be able to interpret the EOB (Explanation of Benefits), RA, and/or denial correspondence and apply to the patient accounting system.
* Associate's Degree in a related field such as business or accounting