This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 2/8/2017
HOK Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
HOK is a global design, architecture, engineering and planning firm committed to creating places that enhance everyday life. Since our founding in 1955, we have used design to enrich people s lives and help organizations succeed. Our mission is to deliver exceptional design ideas and solutions through the creative blending of human need, environmental stewardship, value creation science and art.
We are currently seeking an Medical Planner to join our team. As a Medical Planner, you are responsible for leading the medical planning effort toward the successful completion of complex healthcare facilities; provide overall programming, master planning, design and medical planning; communicate with clients/user groups to understand project requirements; represent the firm nationally as a technical expert.
* Provide medical planning expertise to other team members and the firm-wide healthcare practice.
* Participates in user groups (heads of departments, specialists, etc.) to collect program needs for healthcare facilities and assist with technical aspects of the meeting.
* Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
* Provides technical knowledge in the design and planning of various-sized medical and healthcare facilities.
* Ensures project inter-disciplinary and quality control coordination.
* Develops architectural drawings to communicate planning concepts for project documentation and construction.
* Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc.
* Anticipates and develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
* Communicates planning concepts to project teams, both verbally and through graphic and written reports.
* Actively seeks new knowledge in the design and planning of medical and healthcare facilities.
* Supervises other team members in conjunction with project managers.
* May lead periodical project meetings and presentations; ensure client is adequately briefed on project progress.
* May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff.
* Participates actively in the firm-wide Healthcare practice within HOK.
* Actively participates in industry associations to ensure visibility.
* Promotes the principles of sustainability and Evidence Based Design.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
* Assists in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
* Assists in the design development, modification and/or review of medical planning concepts and solutions.
* Assists in establishing overall project budgets and milestone schedules in coordination with project managers, architect and project engineers.
* Coordinate with various consultants to implement medical planning
* Assist in the development of standard materials that describe the portfolio, systems, processes and people of the Healthcare Group.
* Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
* Demonstrated creativity, passion and interest in design and planning of healthcare facilities.
* Advanced knowledge of progressive technical and regulatory requirements for healthcare facilities design and understanding of fundamental departmental organization and functionality.
* Advanced knowledge of healthcare delivery systems and how design impacts those systems public/private space, adjacencies, staff and patient flow, support functions, central plant, etc.
* Actively completing IDP requirements.
* Possess basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
* Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
* Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Proficiency in Revit is preferable.
* Knowledge about sustainability and LEED preferred.
* Excellent listening skills.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing; ability to convey medical planning needs to designers and other team members.
* Bachelor s degree in architecture or equivalent in education or experience required and healthcare design certification preferred. Master Degree preferred.
* 5 years prior experience focused on a variety of healthcare projects - full new facilities, additions, renovations, departments with some large-scale, complex healthcare projects required.
* Architecture license preferred.
* LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. HOK participates in the federal E-Verify program. For more information, click here.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
HOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer