Medical Receptionist - Green MTN - Clinic
SCL Physicians is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
Our physicians and medical staff provide medical expertise and person-centered care at 40 locations.
* Denver (estab. 1998)
* SCL Physicans is a network of clinics and physician offices throughout the Denver metro area
Services & Expertise
* Primary & Acute Care
* Occupational Medicine & Physical Therapy
* Walk-in Care
* After-hours Urgent Care
* Specialty Care: Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery, Cardiology, Diabetes & Endocrine, Hematology & Oncology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, OB-GYN & Women's Care, Orthopedic Surgery, Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, Sports Medicine, Surgery, Urogynecology
This position assists visitors in person and via the phone by making appointments, collecting demographic and insurance information, and directing calls to appropriate clinic personnel. In addition, this position is responsible for preparing, maintaining, and facilitating access to patient medical records for the purposes of patient care. Assists staff and physicians to ensure provision of quality patient care.
General Reception and Registration Functions
* Greets visitors and/or patient, answers the telephone, communicates general practice information to patients and family members and provides patients with appropriate paperwork
* Gathers accurate information by interviewing patients, verifying insurance coverage, recording information using registration software, and obtaining signatures, for each patient encounter.
* Collects co-payments, past due balances and payments at time of service
* Utilizing provider protocols, schedules appointments, referrals and diagnostic tests, and maintains updates and distributes schedule
* Pulls and prepares charts for visits, telephone calls, and per staff request, prioritizing based on urgency of request
* Prepares new records, repairs damaged records, archives files, and files charts and loose paperwork
* Ensure all test results, dictation and hospital reports are received, reviewed by the physician/provider, and filed in patient chart in a timely manner
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Demonstrated computer skills, required, required
* Highly organized and detail oriented, required
* One (1) year of clerical experience, preferred
* Experience in a medical or health care setting, preferred
* Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred