Medical Records / CTA - Home Health - ReqCode 1063156
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJoin a Leader in Home Care at Willcare -
It's all about helping people achieve more!Willcare is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
The Medical Records Specialist is responsible the opening of new patient files, maintenance of clinical records, filing, safety & security of the medical record and maintenance of numerous logs necessary for proper documentation and tracking of agency's records.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR POSITION:
* Establishes and maintains effective and efficient filing systems to ensure all medical documentation pertaining to the patient is filed appropriately and accurately in the patient chart.
* Ensure timely physician orders according to regulatory compliance. Track receipt of signed, sent and returned physician orders. Resubmit as applicable if orders are not complete. Verify and file all physician orders promptly.
* Tracks Face to Face (F2F) documentation. Notifies supervisor of any problems requiring administrative attention and intervention.
* Updates client demographic information as requested through Coordination Notes from clinical staff.
* Provides physicians with patient discharge summary.
* Ensures receipt of signed Start of Care (SOC) consents.
* Responsible for scanning labs to physicians and into medical record.
* Responsible for the accurate and timely filing or scanning of patient charts.
* Maintains a variety of tracking systems and is responsible for tracking the location of charts as appropriate when in use.
* Maintains all active and discharged charts in a locked cabinet and/or room at all times.
* Maintains an established system for record identification, charge-out and follow-up control of medical records as well as the release of information to authorized persons.
* Accurately and timely follows and initiates year end close out procedure as indicated by company policy.
* Assists staff in retrieving medical documents from a patient chart as appropriate.
* Notifies supervisor of any problems requiring administrative attention and intervention.
* Maintain confidentiality of all patient medical records.
* Assembles charts as needed for patients. Accurately labels and creates new and discharged charts.
* Completes HCHB reports and workflow tasks as assigned.
* May assist with answering phones in reception.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF AGENCY EMPLOYEES:
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Mission, Purpose and Philosophy.
* Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
* Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and company-wide goals.
* Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
* Places needs of the patient first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the patient's healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our patients in the comfort of their home.
* Strives to help lead the industry through vision, technology, innovation, and customer service.
* Strives to make a difference in the lives of our employees, patients, and community.
* Encourages a positive environment and experience for co-workers and patients.
* Treats employees, patients, and business partners with respect. Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
* Promotes a safe and efficient working environment by adhering to agency policies and procedures.
* Maintains confidentiality of all agency and patient related information. Protects patient rights as defined in the patient Bill of Rights.
* Maintains proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Adheres to departmental and agency dress codes as observed by supervisor.
* Communicates information effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Attends and participates in staff meetings, required in-services, agency PI activities and other meetings as requested.
* Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner
* Organizes workload to complete responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Observe infection control and standard precautions.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
* High School Graduate or GED equivalent. Associate Degree preferred.
* One-year experience in a health care setting as a clerk or medical record technician.
* Requires interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff.
* Knowledge of medical terminology required, Medicare and Medicaid guidelines preferred.
* Able to demonstrate problem-solving skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to operate computer equipment, fax and photocopy machines.
* Must have excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to adapt to change, open to learn and develop new skills.
PERSONAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
* Work environment is characteristic of any office setting which involves prolonged periods of sitting and intermittent physical activity such as occasional requirement to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and to stoop, bend, kneel, or crouch.
* Occasional irregularity of hours
* May have on call responsibilities
Almost Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Life and Accidental Death Insurance
* Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
* Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
* 401-k Retirement Plan
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!