Medical Records Clerk - NMC San Diego 9/3/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Medical Records Clerk candidates to support the US Navy at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego, California.
* Work with a diverse public population with different and changing needs.
* Interface with Naval Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD) staff and its beneficiaries.
* Record and transmit verbal, electronic, and written messages.
* Maintain office files and patient records in subject and chronological order and in accordance with departmental policies.
* Determine which requests or issues need to be handled by management or appropriate staff member.
* Create, copy, edit, calculate, revise, retrieve, store and print wide range of documents in final form.
* Comply with Occupational Health & Safety Standards.
* Attend Command-required orientation and other training (can be up to 48 hours per year).
* Maintains neat, clean and orderly workplace.
* Maintain professional demeanor verbally and non-verbally in patient care areas. Reflect cleanliness, neatness and moderation for a professional image.
* Maintain confidentiality of patient related issues and intervene to protect patient confidentiality.
* Promote good inter/intra personal and inter/intra departmental relationships.
* Maintain knowledge of instructions, policies and standards affecting the delivery of patient care services.
* Perform within current Military Healthcare Systems (MHS) computing modules such as the Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), and Essentris.
* Process all requests for health information and ensure compliance with all guidance. Enter tracking information for all requests in automated system.
* Locate requested information, duplicate information using scanner or copier.
* Perform a quality assessment review for approximately 95,000 outpatient treatment records, including verification of medical record documentation and up to 500 inches of documents (both
electronic and hand written) to be scanned into electronic medical record.
* Prepare for retirement 14,000 outpatient medical records, per color, or approximately 98,000 records. This includes, but is not limited to review and verification of outpatient health records for correct order, identify
missing and misfiled documents, and verify member's identification data in CHCS, box records and prepare for shipping. * Review of all outpatient records to determine eligibility for retirement within the scope of Military Treatment Facility instruction.
* Maintain medical records, file reports, retrieve records, and deliver/pick up records throughout NMCSD during the retirement process.
* Record preparation includes, but is not limited to scanning records into the Healthcare Artifact and Image Management Solution (HAIMS), adding necessary forms, printing and filing electronic documents, correctly preparing a medical record jacket, and compiling patient records, progress notes, orders, dictations, lab and x-ray result, consults and nursing notes in preparation for record retirement.
* Review documents prepared for signature for compliance with departmental and Command policies.
* Assist with various administrative duties including photocopying, typing various documents, retrieve lab and radiology results and customer service.
* High School graduate or GED equivalent
* Office environment computer skills and the ability to perform data entry.
* Knowledge of basic computer skills including but not limited to database entry, word processing, electronic mail, scanners and facsimile machines.
* Be able to lift up to 50 pounds multiple times per day.
* US citizen
* Clearance: NACI