Medical Records Clerk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 7/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Medical Records Clerk candidates to support the US Navy located at the Navy Medical Center in Portsmouth, Virginia.
* Select and print the medical record from the ESSENTRIS system.
* Create and label records, in accordance with Chapter 16 of the NAVMED P-117, Manual of the Medical Department (MANMED), producing additional jacket(s) in the event of multi-volume medical records.
* Function as the main operator(s) of the print system.
* Receive work-center training in order to retrieve printed records, sort, prepare, label, and box for shipment in accordance with NMCP procedures.
* Receive work-center training in order to operate equipment without supervision and troubleshoot any equipment issues.
* Maintain an accurate inventory of supplies needed for the Print system and coordinate with the work-center supervisor(s) to ensure efficient ordering and sufficient stocking of supplies.
* Submit a Monthly Report with workload statistics. Data shall be recorded by each clerk daily and reported for the month.
* US Citizen
* HS graduate or GED equivalent
* Maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS); American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course
* Ability to lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to maintain periods of standing for up to 3 hours.
* Complete and maintain command required training.
* Possess one (1) year of experience providing medical administrative support services.
* Possess experience using basic software applications, e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel.