Medical Records Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Camp Pendleton, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Medical Record Technician candidates to support the US Navy, located at Camp Pendleton, CA.
* Accurately record updates to medical records on a daily basis
* Locate/retrieve medical records and copy documents required by staff, patients, and for reports
* Answer and direct questions to staff members about medical records from service members, retirees, and dependents
* Prepare, repair, and maintain medical records and documents for new and existing patients
* Issue medical records to service members and dependents with approved authorizations for appointments
* Receive and relay incoming and outgoing communication of all types
* Receive and welcome patients and visitors, answer routing inquiries, and refer medical questions concerning patients condition, progress, or treatment to medical staff
* Perform medical records functions such as basic analysis, compiling data, retrieving and reviewing medical records to determine completeness and internal consistency of the record, and the presence of all required forms and signature. Process an average of approximately 10 medical records per day
* Greet beneficiaries, verify Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) eligibility status, and change demographic information within the Composite Health System (CHCS)
* Register beneficiaries into CHCS (e.g., walk-in patients, telephone consultation, etc.) and retrieve data from CHCS, Armed Forces Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), and other appropriate computer systems for beneficiary records
* Schedule appointments for patients using CHCS and provide patients with instructions on preparation for examinations and procedures
* Select, complete, and route requests for patient activities and treatment procedures
* Create and modify administrative and clinical provider schedules to coordinate staff leave and time off with clinical scheduling
* Accurately complete required end-of-day processing. End-of-day processing entails running a report in CHCS to ensure all appointments are properly closed at the end of the work day
* Take inventory and keep records of supplies
* Ensure medical administrative transactions are processed in accordance with local command and governing directives
* Maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS); American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course
* Be a U.S. Citizen
* Possess a High School Diploma or GED certificate
* Security Clearance: NACI
* Possess a minimum of one year experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
* Possess a minimum of one year experience working as a clerk in a medical facility. Experience should include handling multiple phone lines, a working knowledge of medical terminology, medical documentation requirements, standard patient scheduling practices, and creating administrative correspondence and reports