Medical Route Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Linde North America, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Responsibilities:
* Follows all Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
* Work in accordance with all DOT and Linde standards and policies including but not limited to Speed Management, Seat Belts, Cones and Hours of Service.
* Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical liquid vessels for delivery to customers on a scheduled route. Customers may include medical patients in their homes, physicians offices, laboratories, veterinarians, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
* Record each delivery and pick up on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers to comply with all regulatory requirements.
* Safely loads and unloads cylinders on vehicle using hand truck or forklift and record cylinder type and quantity
* Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance and maintain vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
* Establish and maintain excellent customer service.
* Listen to and resolve service inquiries and complaints/issues.
* Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, document deficiencies and ensure all safety items are in good working order.
* Communicate with customers; providing information on ordering, delivery times, and maintaining proper cylinder levels.
* Gain comfort level for communicating with, and going in and out of the homes of, medical patients.
* Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by environment or job task.
* Train or educate customers on safety, use and hazards associated with the use of medical gas equipment. As appropriate, assess customer understanding of same.
* Assess safe use, appropriate care and storage of medical gases in medical patients home environment.
* Report unsafe use or situations to supervisory staff.
* Document observations, education and communication in the patient record.
* Maintain load manifests, FDA lot numbers and all other vehicle documents. Ensures manifests are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
* Follow all safety rules and report any accidents or injuries promptly to management.
* Safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
* Assist with inventory and general housekeeping.
* Maintain DOT hours log.
* High School Diploma, GED or 10 years' experience within current CDL class
* 3 years driving experience - CDL Class A or Class B with current HazMat endorsement
* 3 years clean commercial and personal driving record
Physical Requirements of the Job:
* Push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to 100 pounds
* Clear understanding of map reading skills
* Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong customer service
* Basic computer skills
* Home care/health care background is a plus
* Dangerous Goods Card is a plus
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development - all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!
LINDE ENSURES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION OR HARASSMENT ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ALIENAGE OR CITIZENSHIP STATUS, AGE, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, MARITAL OR DOMESTIC/CIVIL PARTNERSHIP STATUS, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY LAW.