Medical Science Liaison-East Coast
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Medical Science Liaison-East Coast
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. Terumo BCT is a global leader in blood component, therapeutic apheresis and cellular technologies, serving customers in more than 120 countries. As the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction, we believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
The person in this role acts as a scientific liaison between Terumo BCT and the academic medical community and is responsible for establishing relationships with key academic based physicians, scientists, related medical associations and patient organizations. The MSL will be involved with clinical & scientific data exchanges on a range of apheresis therapies and cellular therapy systems. The MSL also participates in clinical presentations, medical congresses, training sessions, medical information services, and research and special projects within the organization to assist in the business direction of the organization and the therapeutic area.
* Develops and maintains professional scientific relationships in therapeutic areas critical to Terumo BCT with thought leaders in key academic and community-based medical centers, with medical professional associations and patient advocacy groups.
* Serves as a primary Medical Affairs contact involved with clinical/scientific information exchanges. These exchanges may be verbal, written or electronic inquires from healthcare professionals on a variety of apheresis therapies. Assignments may include writing and revising standard response letters to address medical information questions on therapeutic plasma exchange.
* Ensures timely submissions of periodic monitoring report forms for Terumo BCT-supported investigator-initiated studies. The MSL works with these investigators to ensure that they have access to needed relevant information regarding Terumo BCT products during the course of their study.
* Conducts formal clinical presentations to essential groups as requested by healthcare professionals, managed markets, hospital therapeutic committee members, key accounts and so forth, along with presentations of pharmacoeconomic data in accordance with company policies, applicable laws, regulatory guidelines, and ethical standards.
* Attends & provides coverage at national & regional medical education venues (congresses, conferences, symposia).
* Maintains expert knowledge and understanding of clinical, scientific, and technical information in apheresis disease state therapeutics through continuously reviewing literature in the field and attending conferences and networking with experts.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* May lead and/or coordinate special projects as it relates to sales training, presentation and slide kit development, advisory board development, speaker development & training, journal club, clinical bulletin summaries, literature searches.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Advanced degree: Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), or Medical Doctor (MD), or PhD or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 5 years experience
* Requires high technical competence, strong interpersonal creative & analytical skills and clinical experience to achieve the above working relationships/responsibilities.
* Must have excellent organizational skills; be self-directed and work independently and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Have the ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex scientific and medical information and data.
* Be able to demonstrate excellent written/oral communication & presentation skills and be effective with conversing with key opinion leaders, healthcare professionals and patients.
* Have the ability to deliver formal responses to healthcare professional s specific medical questions through analysis of the literature in order to assure accurate, timely, unbiased, fair-balanced and up-to-date medical & scientific information, while keeping within legal and regulatory guidelines.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This is a field-home office based position located in the U.S. The associate must be able to manage demanding travel schedule (up to 80%) requiring schedule flexibility with evening and weekend time commitments.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com. To view the 'EEO is the Law' Federal poster prohibiting job discrimination please click the link.