Medical Science Liaison - Great Lakes
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc
MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON GREAT LAKES, U.S. TERRITORY
At Pacira Pharmaceuticals, controlling postsurgical pain is the key to improving patient outcomes. Our in-depth knowledge of the needs of the postsurgical pain market, coupled with our passion for delivering improved patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results. We currently have an opportunity for a MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON GREAT LAKES, U.S. TERRITORY (INCLUDES WISCONSIN AND ILLINOIS).
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based therapeutic position requiring a strong clinical experience as well as clinical trial or clinical operations experience with sponsored or investigator-initiated trials. The primary role of the MSL is to support the educational/training needs of HCPs whether they are new or long term customers. The MSL will deliver cutting edge clinical and scientific data and technical/practical education to practicing clinicians, key thought leaders, professional societies, and payers within the pain and/or anesthesia therapeutic space.
* Support the educational and training needs of HCPs, both inside and outside of the operating room, including providing additional education in response to unsolicited requests; sharing of approved provider protocols; facilitating development and implementation of individual institution needs/protocol/ERAS/ERP, and appropriate scientific exchange.
* Support collection of data, including: Pacira RCT (Randomized Control Trial) site education and responsibilities in collaboration with Pacira clinical research department; identify customer needs in development, implementation and assessment of CQI type projects.
* Develop and maintain a high level of scientific expertise in the pain pathway /multimodal treatment of pain and/or anesthesia area.
* Successfully complete required therapeutic training and demonstrate competency in communicating information in support of the pain and/or anesthesia area; retain and relay information from key publications.
* Lead, develop, and implement local, regional and national programs to promote disease state and product awareness and education.
* Identify and develop relationships with current and prospective key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other prominent health care providers as they relate to both Pacira s marketed and pipeline products.
* Serve as key clinical/scientific resource to these institutional accounts and their respective healthcare stakeholders.
* Accurately respond to complex medical questions from institutional-based health care providers in accordance with approved company guidance for MSLs and all applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards using approved content.
* Identify, collect, and communicate insights related to competitor medical information and physician practice trends.
* Document interactions and activities in appropriate databases, retaining and submitting required expenses and meeting defined qualitative and quantitative objectives.
* Position requires extensive travel (up to 80%) as well as weekend work throughout the year.
* Advanced degree in health sciences (PharmD, M.D., Ph.D. in a medically related field) from accredited college or university. Will consider Masters or Bachelors level degree in health sciences (RN, RPh, PA, NP, etc.) and 5 additional years of clinical experience.
* Minimum 2 years healthcare experience.
* Minimum 1 year MSL experience.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in the pain and/or anesthesia therapeutic area is preferred.
* Demonstrated problem-solving skills with strong business skills/acumen.
* Proven ability to manage multiple project, set priorities and meet deadlines.
* Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to present to groups of varying sizes.
* Proven track record of success in establishing relationships with KOLs.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments and effectively communicate that information.
* Ability to travel swiftly and frequently (50-80% travel) with overnight stays. Close proximity to airport- preferred under 1 hour or 50 miles.
* Clearly communicate an understanding of both the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries; understanding of clinical trial design and working knowledge of GCP guidelines, particularly concerning Investigator Sponsored Research.
* The employee is regularly required to travel by automobile as well as by airplane and other forms of public transportation. The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time (up to several hours straight). The employee will be required to move quickly in OR and other hospital environments.
* The work setting will include health care facilities including hospitals and surgical centers.
We encourage candidates who meet these requirements to submit a cover letter and resume/CV. Pacira Pharmaceuticals offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes Medical/Dental/Vision plans, life insurance, 401(K), short and long term disability and paid time off.
Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EEO Employer: AA/Disabled/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.