Medical Science Liaison - Neurology 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We all share one big ambition. What's yours?
Everyone who works at UCB holds the same ambition - to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases. Of course we have other associated ambitions too - including a desire to support each other in attaining all of our own personal and professional goals. That's why we ensure every UCB colleague has the tools and environment to engage effectively in the work we do. Wherever in the world we're based, and whatever role we play, we believe each of us can have an impact across our organization.
To help us meet our ambitions and provide the best solutions to patients, UCB is currently seeking a talented individual as Neurology Medical Science Liaison based in Seattle, WA.
This position is field-based and requires a professional with established credibility to interact with thought leaders and centers of influence in academic, hospital, managed care, key account & governmental settings. Critical responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
* Review and critique scientific publications
* Collect, analyze, and communicate fair-balanced information concerning therapeutic area, treatment options, emerging standards of care, and competitive intelligence
* Possess a robust understanding of competitive intelligence and its strategic impact upon UCB
* Address medical information inquiries
* Provide effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences and tailors presentations to meet specific audience needs
* Conduct local roundtables and education programs that aim to satisfy the specific needs of individual KOLs and Institutions
* Serve as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings, internal meetings, and patient advocacy group meetings
* Anticipate and assure thoughtful exchange of current medical information related to UCB products and therapeutic areas of clinical development with KOLs
* Doctorate-level degree (PharmD, PhD, or MD) required.
* Minimum of 1 year of Medical Science Liaison or other related experience required
* Relevant therapeutic and clinical experience preferred
* Excellent communication and presentation skills required. Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
* Ability to clearly articulate complex scientific concepts in 1:1 and group settings
* Ability to actively listen and process information to identify opportunities
* Business acumen with a solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare arena
* Proficient in Microsoft applications and web-based application
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system - or the central nervous system.
With more than 8500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a 'can-do' attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran