Medical Secretary- Full Time- Marlboro
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 1/12/2017
Partners Community Physicians Organization(PCPO)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY / OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Responsible for patient reception, scheduling, telephone triage, and general business office functions
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrates courteous professional and cooperative behavior toward patients, visitors, coworkers and physicians.
* Performs duties as a team member, integrating activities with those fellow employees and physicians.
* Greets patients and visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
* Courteously answers telephone, screens and triages calls appropriately. Received prescription refill requests and performs other telephone duties as directed.
* Responsible for appointment scheduling, patient registration/discharge and making referral/ancillary appointments.
* Provides new patients with patient registration form and copies insurance cards for file. Verifies patient registration and insurance information of existing patients at each visit.
* Collects appropriate copays, deductibles and other related payments that are due at time of service.
* Prepares daily deposit and adheres to established cash control policies and procedures as directed.
* Answers patients questions regarding insurance and provides explanation of charges when appropriate.
* Supports and assists all physicians and clinical staff with patient flow.
* Performs CPT-4 and ICD-9 coding for office, hospital, nursing home and other visits.
* Enters daily charges into billing system.
* Proficiently processes referrals on POS or paper, obtaining required authorizations, eligibility verification and confirmation of registration information.
* Prepares medical records for appointments, including filing, pulling for next days appointments and other related records activities.
* Coordinates mail processing for office to include receipt of record releases, copying of records, mailing out records and responding to other general office requests via mail.
* Manages physician schedule by following up on patient no-shows, sending reminder cards and/or providing telephone reminders for physical exams.
* Maintains and orders office supplies.
* Assists with typing of reports, correspondence and dictation as requested by physicians.
* Process accounts payable.
* Performs other duties as assigned by Office/Practice Administrator.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
An individual with secretarial experience, preferably in a physician office setting.
Experience managing multi-line telephone systems, typing skills (50wpm), experience with computer systems, medical terminology, understanding of different insurance plans, proficiency in coordinating significant volume of referrals, flexibility, customer service orientation, positive attitude, good learning aptitude, ability to work well with customers and coworkers.
Equal Opportunity Employer