Medical Social Worker - Hospice PRN
Lutheran Hospice is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Wheat Ridge, Colo. (estab. 1985)
* Provides comprehensive & compassionate end-of-life care
Services & Expertise
* Provides medical, emotional & spiritual care to patients & families
* Serves patients & families in their homes & other care settings
* Provides inpatient care for management of acute symptoms at our beautiful, freestanding Collier Hospice Center
* Offers ongoing bereavement support groups, counseling & resources for families, caregivers & community
* All physicians are Hospice & Palliative Care certified
* Accredited by The Joint Commission
The Social Worker provides services to respond to the emotional needs of patients and their families. This employee also assists with patient admissions and the referral process.
* As part of the admission process, meet with the patient and family to review policies on advanced directives, patient rights and non-discrimination.
* Conduct and document a social services evaluation, including identification of patient problems/ needs. Meet with appropriate facility staff concerning patient issues. Provide social work consultation to patients, families and staff, as requested.
* Provide/arrange for social work services as indicated by patient/family needs.
* Assist patients, as needed, with financial planning.
* Maintain communications with caseworkers.
* Keep the patients family informed of patient problems, personal needs, transfers and changes of level assignment.
* Maintain a current list of community resources to facilitate referrals. Act as a liaison between the facility and the community.
* Assure all documentation complies with applicable regulations. Act in compliance with all corporate, State, Federal and other regulatory standards.
* Participate in the quality improvement process of the facility. Attend and participate in facility meetings, as required. Participate in and/or provide in-service education sessions.
* Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
This is a PRN position covering vacation and sick calls for Hospice Homecare, Hospice Inpatient, and Palliative Care Home program.
* Master's in Social Work, required
* LCSW, preferred
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, required
* Demonstrated ability to assess patient needs, develop and implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning process, required
* Masters degree in Social Work, preferred
* Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements, preferred
* One (1) year of Social Work experience in a hospice or palliative care setting, required for PRN