Medical Surgical Registered Nurse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for MEDICAL SURGICAL REGISTERED NURSE for our client in METROPOLIS, IL
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL SURGICAL REGISTERED NURSE
JOB LOCATION: METROPOLIS, IL
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* Required Medical Surgical Registered Nurse
* RN will administer IV drugs and catheters, give medications and consult with physicians about the progress of patients.
* In some cases, RN's also supervise LPN's and CNA's who provide more routine care like monitoring vital signs, changing dressings and assisting patients with personal care like bathing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Complete comprehensive nursing assessment on each patient under care and document appropriately.
* Administer medications or delegate medication administration to LPN
* Advocate for patients and participate in evaluation of patient response.
* Perform or delegate nursing interventions and provide for a safe and effective nursing care
* Report or update next shift or manager on patient care issues or problems to correct or monitor
* Perform patient registration activities after patient access personnel leave
* ACLS, BLS
* Med-surg Adult