Medical Technician (TBR) - Night, Teterboro, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek an Medical Technician (TBR) - Night, Teterboro, NJ.
Schedule: Tuesday Saturday, 1am 9:30am, Night Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763358
Performs routine lab tests under the guidance of Medical Technologists and Laboratory Supervisor. Sets up and monitors automated test procedures. Performs manual procedures requiring judgment. Uses pre-calibrated and/or automated devices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
* Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
* Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
* Review and release test results.
* Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
* Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
* Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
* Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
* Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
* Follow department s procedure in reporting critical results to clients.
* If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
* Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
* Maintain general appearance of the department.
* Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates.
* Review/train on new procedures.
* Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
* Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
* May perform some moderate-complexity testing with specific on-site training provided
* Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
Education Preferred: BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or
Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or
Work Experience: 1 - 3 year Clinical experience preferred.
Other: Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
Must interact with other departments.
Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills important.
Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
MT ASCP Prefered , NYS License Prefered, BS In Science
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.