Medical Technologist ASCP Full-time Nights $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 09721-43085
Nights (rotating weekends)
LAFAYETTE REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER is a 25-bed acute care facility that is deeply rooted in the community it serves. Lafayette Regional includes all new private rooms with private baths, state-of-the art imaging and testing services, a full range of general and laparoscopic surgeries, wellness programs, and rehabilitation services. With a broad range of services, nearly 20 medical specialties are covered at Lafayette Regional.
LAFAYETTE REGIONAL HEALTH CENTER is currently looking for a Full-time Medical Technologist ASCP.
* Under the general supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, date entry, and specimen processing.
* Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.Performs postanalytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results. Monitors quality control. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
* Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
* Maintains a safe work area.
* Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
* Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
* Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed.
* Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students. Assists with the orientation and training of LTA, LTA, LSC, CLT/MLT, MT Non-registered, and CLS/MT Registered employees.
* The Medical Technoligst analyzes and interprets testing for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
* This employee may or may not be required to perform specimen collections as defined by their individual competencies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor degree in medical technology or related science required or Bachelor degree and certification in subspecialty area or Grandfathered as a medical technologist by CLIA 88.
Certifications: MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), or as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I(ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required or must obtain ASCP certification within first 180 days of employment
Experience: Experience preferred
Last Edited: 09/13/2016