Medical Technologist 8/9/2016
Diagnostic Laboratory Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
lang=\\"en-US\\" prefix=\\"og: http://ogp.me/ns#\\"
Medical Technologist - Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Inc.Medical Technologist
Date PostedThursday, 09 April 2015 ReferenceQMC Punchbowl Lab, Point of Care LocationHonolulu, HI 96813 Type and ShiftRFT Eve Job Description
1 Regular Full Time Position
Must be available for work Sunday through Saturday 2:30 PM 11:00 PM. Must be flexible with schedule changes in order to meet operational needs.
Independently performs qualitative and quantitative tests in assigned section(s), following established guidelines and predetermined criteria. Performs tests and calculations, documents and reports results. Follows established QA/QC policies and procedures. Operates, calibrates, conducts performance checks and maintains laboratory instruments and equipment. Maintains procedures, records and logs. Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or results and uses knowledge, deductive skills and judgment to troubleshoot and resolve them. Recognizes abnormal or unusual pre-analytical, post-analytical and post-analytical problems. Specialist: Performs duties and responsibilities only in specialized area for which individual is licensed.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent in Medical Technology or related science and successful completion of an approved Medical Technology internship program
- Hawaii State license as a Technologist
- Certified as an MT by ASCP, NCA, AMT, or HEW
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both in verbal and written form
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Excellent customer service skills