Medical Technologist - Microbiology - (PRN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00001-55365
TRISTAR CENTENNIAL MEDICAL CENTER NASHVILLE, TN
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
CENTENNIAL MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST.
* Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
* Performs specimen processing and preanalytical specimen identification and testing acceptability.
* Performs various types of laboratory test(s) on patient specimens, evaluates test results, and report/enter/verify test results in Laboratory Information System.
* Performs and evaluates periodic quality control per policy and procedure. Adheres to all Quality Assurance procedures.
* Evaluates new and/or modified procedures, reagents and instruments as needed. Troubleshoots all instruments.
* Assists in training new employees/students.
* Communicates laboratory test knowledge and test results in a professional and appropriate manner.
* Exhibits and adheres to ICARE Standards of Behavior in all areas of job duties and responsibilities.
* Participates in hospital initiatives and in department goals set by the Laboratory Director and Manager.
* Other duties as needed/assigned.
* Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with all staff, patients, patient families and vendors
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
* State of TN Medical Technologist license
* Good computer skills
Last Edited: 08/18/2016