This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/12/2017
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Clinical Laboratory/Division of Pathology is an integral part of the patient care provided by Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Needham. The laboratory provides state of the art testing services for both in-patients and outpatients. These services include anatomical pathology, cytopathology, clinical chemistry, microbiology, hematology, transfusion medicine and immunology.
JOB LOCATION: Needham, MA
REQ ID: 18164BR
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Lab Manager, Lab Supervisors and Chief of Pathology, is responsible for maintaining a functional laboratory section (s) to meet the needs of patient care. Upholds the policies of the laboratory and ensures the quality of the work, while maintaining a pleasant and efficient work atmosphere.
* Performs and monitors testing procedures.
* Performs monitors the quality control and quality assurance programs on an on going basis.
* Always adheres to safety and infection control procedures.
* Responsible for ensuring station (s) is in compliance with CAP, Joint Commission, CLIA and AABB regulations.
* Associate's degree in Medical Laboratory or Life Sciences required. Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory or Life Sciences preferred.
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Certification as Medical Technologist by ASCP (or equivalent national certifying agency) or recent graduate eligible for certification
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally