Medical Technologist (Medical Laboratory Scientist) PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 8/16/2017
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 02560-10853
From its humble beginnings in a church schoolroom, Tulane has emerged as a major academic center in the south by adhering to the aspirations of our founders. Simply put, we are in the business of caring for others and for defining the practice of medicine along the way.
At Tulane Medical Center, our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
We are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. These principles reflect our commitment to you in five areas: Culture, Leadership, Voice, Compensation and Rewards, and Staffing.
As a member of the Tulane Medical Center (TMC) family, you can be assured of:
* A safe place to work.
* Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
* Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
* A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
* Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
Under the direction of the Medical Laboratory Manager, the medical technologists performs routine and complex testing on body fluids and exudates from patients to provide information for diagnosing and combating diseases. This position demonstrates a thorough knowledge of laboratory medicine techniques and practices.
* LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: LA state license and ASCP certification
* EDUCATION: Bachelors degree or appropriate documentation of ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist
* EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an approved Medical Technology program
* SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory medicine techniques and practices. Demonstrated education and clinical training in the practice of laboratory medicine
* HOURS OF WORK: Shifts as scheduled
Last Edited: 02/01/2017