Medical Technologist PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 02560-10923
Under the direction of the Medical Laboratory Manager, the Medical Technologist performs routine and complex testing on body fluids and exudates from patients to provide information for diagnosing and combating diseases. This position demonstrates a thorough knowledge of laboratory medicine techniques and practices.
Tulane is located in beautiful and historic downtown New Orleans, Louisiana and has centers covering nearly all major specialties of medicine. The hospital is jointly owned by Hospital Corporation of America and Tulane University.
At Tulane, we are committed to providing you a Healthy Work Environment and rewarding career. When it comes to patient care, we strive to be the healthcare provider of choice. When it comes to employee care, our goal is to be the employer of choice.
* LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: LA state license and ASCP certification eligible
* EDUCATION: Bachelors degree or appropriate documentation of ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist
* EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an approved Medical Technology program
* SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory medicine techniques and practices. Demonstrated education and clinical training in the practice of laboratory medicine
* HOURS OF WORK: Shifts as scheduled
Last Edited: 09/13/2016