Medicare Billing Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Senior Care Centers
JOB DESCRIPTIONensure accurate and timely billing of Medicare Part A and Part B claims.
* Bachelor's degreepreferred but not required
* Minimum three years of experience with Skilled Nursing Medicare LTC billing experience or inpatient hospital billing
* Working knowledge of both Part A and Part B Medicare billing in a SNF environment.
* Multi-facility experience preferred
* Experience using American Healthtech, PCC, and or Vision software
* Ability to stay on task and meet deadlines
* Strong in collections and follow up on unpaid accounts
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good attention to detail with the capability of maintaining confidentiality
* Responsible for final review of Medicare Part A and B claims
* Ensure claims meet regulatory requirements
* Meet department calendar deadlines for claims submission
* Verify Medicare claims receipt within 24 hours of submission
* Use Medicare Interface to process claims adjustments and corrections
* Transmit Benefit Exhaust and No-Pay claims monthly
* Audit all accounts where payment does not equal the revenue booked, resulting in a debit or credit balance
* Responsible for adding billing notes regarding status of unpaid balances
* Post Medicare deposits
Normal schedule is Monday -- Friday; additional hours will be required on evenings, weekends and some holidays to meet deadlines