Medicare Part D Support Staff Team Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
Winston Salem, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for leading a group of departmental personnel; including coaching, development, trend analysis, and team goal creation.
* Manage day-to-day business area activities; provide leadership and direction to team and set team goals and expectations.
* Act as a technical resource for team; provide assistance on system issues, work processes and procedures.
* Train team members to ensure less experienced employees are able to respond professionally, courteously, quickly and accurately to all inquiries from internal and external customers.
* Provide coaching and development feedback to team.
* Work with other departmental teams to review and set performance goals and track performance against these goals.
* Identify trends, determine root causes, and initiate appropriate action to resolve issues.
* Conduct random audits of team s work. Review audit results with employees and create performance improvement plans as necessary.
* May develop short and long-term service objectives and methods, implement these methods when approved.
* Respond quickly and accurately to escalated issues from clients and customers.
* Review customer needs and delivery commitments and review with team members.
* May represent the department on corporate projects.
High school diploma or GED and 3 years of experience in an operations function to include training, auditing or technical support.
Bachelor s degree in a business or health-related field.
Experience in a health care/health insurance environment.
Experience in claims, customer service, membership, enrollment or a call center environment.
* Thorough knowledge of BCBSNC products and procedures
* The ability to interpret policy provisions
* Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* Commitment to high quality customer service
* Ability to coach and give constructive feedback
* Ability to promote and support team work and team decision making
* Ability to identify issues and recommend and implement solutions
* Ability to make sound and independent business decisions in often high-pressure situations
* Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* Ability to foster meaningful learning opportunities for each staff member.