- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Meeting Planner - Account Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Work in partnership with Account Executive, other team members and the client to exceed client expectations by delivering best-in-class meeting planning services and proactive solutions on-time and on-budget.
* Previous experience in meeting planning.
* Attention to detail, time management and organizational skills and ability to multi-task while managing multiple clients, shows and priorities.
* Articulate and polished with ability to clearly communicate to client.
* Ability to proactively provide practical solutions in an ambiguous environment.
* Foresight to anticipate clients needs/requests and act accordingly.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to develop a strong rapport with the client. Approachable, engaging and likable.
* Work in partnership with client and Account Executive to determine meeting goals, make recommendations, manage timelines and provide periodic updates
* Managing details relative to client s convention program and associated projects;
* Manage pre-meeting, onsite and post-show event needs as appropriate which may include:
* Make site/venue visits and recommendations
* Secure housing blocks and negotiate hotel contracts either independently or through the association or housing bureau
* Develop meeting budgets
* Provide project timeline
* Coordinate with 3rd party suppliers
* Manage logistic communications with attendees including posting content for websites including StarCite and Cvent
* Manage rooming lists
* Arrange, negotiate, and coordinate ground transportation as appropriate
* Select meeting rooms and set-ups
* Manage food and beverage selection
* Coordinate audio visual needs
* Ship and receive meeting materials
* Create signage
* Manage registration for all attendees on behalf of the client
* Research and provide amenities
* Recommend and arrange off-site venues for social events, dinners and meetings
* Create nametags
* Create staffing schedules
* Create and distribute meeting packets to attendees, including meeting and city information
* Conduct pre-conference meeting with hotel and other vendors
* Manage ground transportation and meet and greet services
* Conduct registration process and maintain hospitality site
* Provide professional on-site staff
* Manage set-up of room, AV, and food and beverage
* Facilitate preconvention meetings
* Manage ongoing logistics
* Facilitate client meetings and dinners
* Oversee return shipping or destruction of unused materials
* Track costs throughout meeting
* Send follow-up communication to attendees as necessary
* Receive and reconcile final billing from hotel and other vendors
* Arrange HCP spend reporting
* Review meeting and evaluate attainment of goals with client
* Regularly and accurately reporting time on a weekly basis
* Regularly informing the Account Executive of project status and issues
* Bachelor s Degree required with Meeting Planner / Event Management major preferred and a minimum of 5 years related meeting/convention experience.
* Proficiency in MS office and experience working with a variety of software programs. Thorough knowledge of spreadsheets, presentations, databases, word processing and graphics.
* Extensive travel required.
* Significant weekend work required.
* Ability to analyze available information and make sound decisions.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
* Ability to work in consultative manner with clients of varied levels internally and externally.
* Strong time management and ability to manage multiple tasks and partners.
* StarCite and Cvent experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace, and where allowed by law, conditions offers of employment on satisfactory completion of a drug screen and passing of a background check.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or unable to access or use this application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.