Membership Communications Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Barbara Yacht Club
Santa Barbara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWho we are:
Santa Barbara Yacht Club (SBYC), one of the premier Yacht Clubs on the West Coast seeks a full time Communications Manager to lead its membership communications program. The successful candidate will assume responsibility for developing and implementing communications strategies and plans that keep the membership informed and engaged in Club activities.
SBYC offers its members a full range of activities both on and off the water including an internationally recognized racing program, cruising fleet, fishing fleet, active social calendar and a full range of amenities to serve our 700 members. The club house has a full commercial kitchen, bar & restaurant, and meeting facilities. Situated on the beach at the Santa Barbara Harbor it offers one of the best beachside venues found anywhere in California.
The successful candidate will play a key role in building membership engagement and participation through strategic leadership in communications.
The Communication Manager reports to the General Manager and works closely with Yacht Club staff and members.
* Develops strategies and executes communications plans that support the Club's objectives
* Develop and manage the annual communications budget
* Manage and maintain the SBYC website on a day-to-day basis, including calendar, managing the relationship with our third party web developer/hosting service and working with staff and members to coordinate content on the website
* Finalize the transition from an in-house website to a new third party hosted site
* As Editor of the monthly newsletter, The Scuttlebutt, assume responsibility for editing, layout, publication and distribution
* Promote participation in club activities including use of the bar & restaurant, parties Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite
Desirable: Basic knowledge of web programming languages; Experience using and translating Google analytics; Experience with basic sound and video editing software
This is a full time and non-exempt role. We offer a competitive salary, along with benefits (medical, vision and dental) and paid vacation.
Please include a cover letter that includes your experience, any relevant background in boating and current salary requirements.