Mental Health Technician/CNA - Parthenon Pavilion Float Pool - (FT Evenings)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00001-55155
Evenings (rotating weekends)
A behavioral health technician helps doctors and nurses with the treatment of patients who have various behavioral problems, such as substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, mental instability and physical and emotional abuse.
Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, demonstrates knowledge in range treatment, and care of patients appropriate to ages of patients served. Ability to gather data, perform technical skills and procedures, documenting patient care, as appropriate, in a descriptive, non-judgmental way.
1. Responds to patient and visitor seeking assistance as needed
2. Promotes customer service initiatives
3. Follows direction of nurse to meet needs of patient
4. Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
5. Compliant with policies, procedures and clinical/behavioral issues
6. Maintains professional boundaries
7. Assist patients with activities of daily living as needed
8. Follows directions as necessary to ensure the workflow of the department
9. Supports the facility s Standards of Performance, ICARE values, and Patient Promise
10. Floats between all departments in the Parthenon Pavilion as needed
1. Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with external and internal customers
2. BLS from the American Heart Association
3. Facilitates or Co-facilitates groups as assigned
4. Demonstration of competency in providing basic patient care
5. CNA (Certified Nurse Aide in State of Tennessee) or successful completion of the Fundamentals of Nursing course in an accredited school of professional nursing (verified by transcript). **A student enrolled in a RN program who discontinues their nursing school program is required to obtain certification as a Nurse Aide in the State of Tennessee within 30 days of their discontinuation of the program
Last Edited: 11/17/2016