Mental Health Technician - Inpatient Mental Health 2C 11p-7a (8 hour shifts no weekends)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/22/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse provides patient care as a member of the health care team on the Mental Health Unit. May complete clerical and receptionist duties as assigned.
Demonstrates the ability to utilize those skills necessary to perform a variety of direct and indirect patient care while maintaining a therapeutic milieu.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
Must obtain BLCS certification within 120 days of hire and maintain training during employment * Unlicensed Assistive Personnel training or the training requirements will be waived if an employee demonstrates competency in the conten areas required by regulatory requirements; in the duties specific to their job and the patient population assigned; and:
1. Is enrolled in a professional or practical nursing education program and has completed a fundamentals of nursing course; or
2. Was a professional nursing or practical nursing licensure candidate who failed to pass the state licensure examinations in the past three (3) years; or
3. Is certified as a nursing assistant per state regulation; or
4. Is certified or has had formal training that meets the UAP curriculum; or
5. Has documented experience as a nurse assistant, emergency medical technician or surgical technician in the past three (3) years; or
6. Has proof of completion of UAP training program in Missouri within the last three (3) years which meets the requirements of this policy; or
7. Has completed a professional or licensed practical nursing program outside the United States and is awaiting the licensure examination in this country.
* Previous mental health experience
7:00PM - 7:30AM