Mental Health Technician PRN, Mixed Shifts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00355-7210
CAPITAL REGIONAL is a 266-bed acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER, Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER. Offerings also include a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic Center, Physical Therapy Services, Seniors First, Sleep Center, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more.
The Mental Health Technician I provide patient care and supervision under the direction of a Registered Nurse for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environmental/instrumentation, and other health care members. The Mental Health Technician I functions as a member of the therapeutic team within limits as designated by the policies and procedures of Capital Regional Medical Center.
* The Mental health Tech provide and documents on patient care, observed patient behaviors by; using the nursing process, based on the nursing process, established hospital policies and procedures, unit specific policies and procedures, and/or Standards of Care/Practice.
* Assists in the coordination of nursing/psychiatric care provided in conjunction with the multidisciplinary treatment team.
* Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
* Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
* Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
* Observes reports and documents the patient's physiological and psychological status, informing a registered nurse of any incongruency in the above.
* Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses systems to report potential patient safety issues
* Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient s care which results in patient harm or potential harm.
* Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
* Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
* Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
* As a crisis prevention intervention trained staff member, responds appropriately to a manpower request.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* High School diploma or GED required
* Vocational or Technical Degree such as Emergency Medical Technician preferred
* 2 Year Associates Degree preferred
* BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* One year in a mental health or acute care setting
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to communicate therapeutic interactions
* Knowledge of body substance isolation
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
* Basic computer skills
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Last Edited: 09/09/2016