Mental Health Technician PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00035-34977
As one of the largest facilities in the nation s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. Through direct care, observation, and communication with the patient. collects and documents patient admission and shift behavioral and physical clinical data and observations Provides appropriate information to assist RN with admission and shift RN assessments.*
2. Performs vital signs, BP's and accuchecks. Provides or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living. Assists with treatments or procedures within documented level of competency.*
3. Provides behavioral health care interventions utilizing the least restrictive interventions.*
4. Provides for the safety of patients, visitors and staff . Completes routine and special safety checks .*
5. Assumes responsibility for completing all mandatory educational, health screening, CPR, and CPI requirements within designated time frame and for providing written verification of same for filing.*
6. Actively participates in quality management activities by timely reporting of staff, family, visitor or quality concerns.*
7. Uses the meditech e-mail system to routinely read e-mail messages.*
8. Reports to work as pre-scheduled and on time.*
9. Facilitates and/or assists with patient community, education or activity groups. Documents patient's participation.
10. Provides secretarial duties as assigned.
11. Provides Department Assistant duties as assigned. Uses the meditech order entry system for all functions utilized in Tucker Pavilion including, but not limited to, entering admission data, transfers, discharges, orders for diagnostic testing, accessing results of diagnostic testing and sending messages to other departments. (After X-Training Provided)
* THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
Required: Previous, successful student or employment experience in an adult, geriatric, or child/adolescent behavioral health setting or a related human service setting.
Preferred: Previous, successful employment experience in an acute care adult, geriatric or child/adolescent behavioral health setting.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: For adult or child/adolescent core assignment: 2 years college education, or equivalent post high school course work, in a human service related field.
Preferred: For geriatric core assignment: Licensed as a CNA in state of Virginia
Last Edited: 09/02/2016