Merchandise Brand Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY City
About the Company
As a key member of the Brand team, build merchandise assortments that generate high sales, profit and inventory turnover. This role is accountable for the coordination and review of the seasonal product assortment through collaboration with the Brand Product team.
Provide support in the creation of the brand Merchandise Financial Plan, in collaboration with regional merchandising teams.
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
* Identifies opportunities and executes strategies to increase sales, margin, and turn to meet or exceed plan
* Strategize, develop, and present seasonal key item plans and collections that support sales and global goals
* Develop global MFP at the product class level
* Work with Brand and/or Corporate Finance to perform margin modelling to ensure prices, costs, volume forecasts and full price mix are in-line with market and financial expectations across regions
* Partner with the merchandising team in creating in-season pricing, markdown, and full product lifecycle
* Develop and manage the templates and tools used for merchandise financial planning, & global assortment planning, range planning and reporting
* Provide strong customer support to the users of brand planning tools and reports
* Manage global reporting and analysis at the consumer/product category level, including Sales & Operations Planning, Monitor & React, Seasonal Hindsight, etc.
* Collaborate across brand planning peers to design, develop and execute standardized reporting support to the Global Merchandising and Planning teams
* Provide analytics, both financial and performance, to the brand planning leadership in the development of the 5 year strategic plan
* Utilize the long term strategic direction of the brand to create MFP
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis on financial or business analysis.
* Minimum 2 years of apparel merchandising concepts and operations, with an understanding of key financial analysis.
* Very Proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Proficient in Access, Word
* Business knowledge of apparel & footwear merchandising concepts and operations
* Demonstrated collaboration and communication skills (verbal and written)
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated mathematical and data manipulation abilities
* Familiarity, knowledge and understanding of formulas and calculations used in the retail industry
* High attention to detail and data accuracy
* Ability to identify key issues from large amounts of data, summarize and provide conclusions
* Ability to support and interact effectively with multi-functional stakeholders; demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships across business units, global regions and cultures
* Demonstrated organizational skills, self-motivated and focused on meeting deadlines, and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
* Demonstrated influencing and communication skills across organizational levels