Merchandise Handler (PTU)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
WHO WE RE LOOKING FOR
American Girl San Francisco is looking for dynamic individuals as Merchandise Handlers for our Back of House support, including unloading/loading in- and outbound trailers, maintaining stock levels on the sales floor, organizing back of house areas for peak efficiency, and ensuring adequate supplies are on-hand.
* Process incoming stock shipments in a safe and orderly fashion. Maintain stockroom standards for merchandise placement, cleanliness and safety.
* Pack up and load trailer with returning merchandise (returns, rework and doll hospital).
* Maintain stock on the retail sales floor, including special requests from retail partners. Monitor stock levels on an on-going basis and fill in as necessary adhering to visual standards.
* Assist in the general execution of the retail business, including floor moves, equipment maintenance, and working with other store personnel to provide a safe environment for both customers and employees. Perform special projects as requested.
* Demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing tasks to meet the needs of the business.
Experience, Education & Skills
* High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
* 6 months to 1 year of experience in retail or service industry, either in material handling, shipping, receiving, retail or warehouse stock handling, preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Must be friendly, approachable, and willing to offer assistance to a guest in a respectful manner, especially children.
* Must be available to work open and close shifts, weekends, and holidays.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT, www.mattel.com/careers), the world's leading toy company. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through age-appropriate, high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include My American Girl , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , and its classic historical characters. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer