Merchandise Planner- Lodge Hunting - ReqCode 16000EV5
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription Pittsburgh has transformed itself into one of the best 'made over towns', evolving from steel to science, and was recently declared the '#1 Most Livable City' for the second time in the last three years! With a national average of 40% lower cost of living, Pittsburgh is also the 6th city in the U.S. for job growth. According to Business Week, Pittsburgh was the second best place to raise kids in 2008 and number #1 for relocating families in 2009. Pittsburgh is now considered to be an economic hot spot for the life sciences and biotechnology industry with about 3,200 high-tech companies. In addition, 36 colleges and universities surround the Pittsburgh area. With its low crime rate, arts and leisure, and legendary sports teams, Pittsburgh appeals to audiences of all ages. The Southside, Market Square, Station Square, Strip District, and Cultural District offer unique experiences for spending an entertaining evening with family or friends.
For additional information please visit: http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/
DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc. is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel, and footwear in a specialty store environment. The Company also owns Golf Galaxy, Inc., a multi-channel golf specialty retailer, e-commerce websites and catalog operations. For more information on Dick's Sporting Goods please visit our Investor Relations page.
The Merchandise Planner drives decisions & strategies that will deliver and maximize sales, margin, turn and GMROI goals. Contribute to achieving best in class planning and merchandising team that will accomplish company and departmental goals.
QualificationsJob Duties & Responsibilities
* Develops Omni Channel department financial plans that align with strategic goals of the department and company.
* Develops Assortment plans in conjunction with buyer that align item plans to financial plans. Analyzes assortment plan to identify assortment gaps or potential opportunities or liabilities to the financial plan.
* Partner with the internal and external business partners to ensure we are delivering our plans in season, course correcting when necessary to ensure we are driving sales and GM while managing our inventory. Analyzes business performance to identify opportunities in Sales, Margin and Turnover to meet or exceed plan. Includes ad hoc analysis and in-season category and item level forecasting to establish inventory levels that drive sales and profitability. Communicates strategies to management by effectively summarizing analysis. Influence business partners by presenting sound analysis and impacts to the overall business.
* Communicates and collaborates with vendors in order to align on sales and receipt forecasts to ensure vendors can support forecasted demand. Identify potential variances and develop and communicate strategies to maximize sales and profitability.
* Partners with merchandise analysts to ensure Omni channel allocation strategy aligns with overall inventory flow strategy. Identify any gaps and develop strategies to maximize inventory productivity.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Business Related field, Business Management, Retail, Finance
* 5 - 7 Years
* 3+ years of planning or related merchandising experience a must
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills
* Business acumen
* Customer-service oriented
* Strong Interpersonal and client consultation skills
* Self-motivated and results oriented
* Strong presentational skills
* Problem solving & troubleshooting capabilities
* Execution skills
* Ability to drive projects and manage project teams
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment
* In depth analytical skills
* Strong detail orientation
* Superior organizational abilities
* Process & procedure oriented