Merchandising Assistant Store Manager - Lima, OH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Gordon Food Service
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 100 years, Gordon Food Service has been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As the largest family-owned foodservice distributor in North America, our family-owned company has a long history of pursing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, first opened in 1979. Committed to serving the needs of our communities, Gordon Food Service Store is open to the public, and does not charge a membership fee. Now, with over 175 stores, we are rapidly growing throughout the Midwest and Florida. Our stores are the primary supplier for many small foodservice operators, including restaurants, churches, day care providers and other small businesses. We also assist our customers with their home and event-planning needs.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, then Gordon Food Service is the place for you. For more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
Creates a team atmosphere where the Gordon Food Service (GFS) values and philosophies flourish to help build and drive sales and exceptional customer service through the Customer is King mentality. Assist in the management of all aspects of store operations including customer service, store conditions and the selection, training and coaching of Store Sales Associates. Accountable to drive the store s financial performance by managing the execution of all merchandising and inventory management processes and standards.
Additional responsibilities will include:
* The proper execution of all supply chain/inventory management processes and procedures within the store
* Accountability for ensuring the store meets and exceeds the established merchandising standards for product quality, presentation & visual marketing/merchandising
* Understanding and analyzing key performance indicators and developing and implementing merchandising strategies to generate measurable sales increases to ensure the store achieves their annual sales plan
* Managing the maintenance and upkeep of the store
* Interviewing, hiring, training, and retaining top notch, talented staff
* Serving as a mentor, coach and role model for your team
* Driving professional and personal development through the phase training program
* Assisting the budget management, variance and analyses and productivity improvements
* Implementing the Cornerstone Values, Purpose and Philosophy of the organization
* Taking on other duties as needed
Candidates must have:
* 2+ years of retail management experience with an emphasis on merchandising or inventory in grocery or retail environment or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, email and Internet software
* Excellent customer service, organizational, public speaking and written/verbal communication skills
* Strong problem-solving, leadership and multitasking abilities
* Talent for driving sales with a "Customer is King" focus
* Flexibility to work 50+ hours/week with varying shifts that include weekends, holidays and occasional 6-day work weeks
* Ability to provide 24/7 on-call support for alarms and emergencies
* Must maintain a valid state driver s license and safe driving record per GFS policy
* Some meeting travel
* Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs.
* HS diploma or equivalent
* Bachelor's degree (preferred)
Here is a glimpse of what we offer our employees at Gordon Food Service:
* A customer-focused environment
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
* Short/Long-Term Disability
* Time-off Benefits
* Generous 401k matching program
* Flexible spending
* Performance-based incentives
* Profit Sharing
* Tuition reimbursement program for you and your family
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Gordon Food Service is a drug free workplace and drug tests all employees.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.