This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/11/2016
Southern States Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Summary
Coordinates merchandising plans for the appearance, arrangement, and utilization of the salesroom and all merchandise and equipment contained therein. Provides leadership and coaching to salesroom team members to ensure a safe and welcoming shopping environment. Organizes and promotes facility programs and events. Provides friendly, efficient, and professional sales support to customers. Relies on product knowledge and expertise to assist customers with merchandise selection.
Essential Job Functions -- complexity of essential job functions increases with grade level
- Continuously communicate with Central Office Merchandising and Replenishment Departments and facility leadership on the execution of merchandising campaigns. Coordinate planning and roll-out for various programs and events. Effectively manage timelines. Ensure merchandising standards are consistently maintained.
- Lead merchandising efforts to maintain the overall appearance of the facility. Replenish merchandise, face and organize products on shelving, update signage, pricing and shelf labeling to ensure a neat and professional presentation according to facility procedures. Interpret diagrams and move shelving and fixtures to build merchandise displays. Cross-stage merchandise with companion products. May assist with assigning these and other tasks to salesroom team members.
- Regularly assist with storefront and warehouse inventory, receiving/verification, retail records and reporting, and placement of merchandise orders according to facility procedures.
- Proactively greet customers in a welcoming and professional manner. Utilize customer-focused interpersonal skills including smiling, making eye contact, meeting them in aisle when possible, helping lift products as necessary, providing appropriate attention including when assisting more than one patron at time, acknowledging they will be assisted soon if waiting, and thanking each one for their business.
- Discuss merchandise needs with customers. Assist customers with quickly locating items in the facility. Rely on expertise, experience and training to provide information on product features, help with selection and offer advice on product usage for maximum effectiveness.
- Seek information to understand the full scope of customers' projects. Assess whether companion products or additional equipment and services may be useful. Make genuinely helpful recommendations and identify opportunities to sell additional merchandise or services.
- Proactively identify opportunities to assist customers and facilitate efficient service. Assess the need for loading assistance, resolve customer pricing and merchandise inquiries, ensure merchandise is accessible to customers and offer assistance as needed. Handle complex customer issues with skill and diplomacy.
- Provide specialized support and product expertise to customers via telephone. Answer incoming telephone calls from customers in a professional and courteous manner. Communicate information regarding order status, product availability, current sales, promotions and store events. Contact customers regarding their orders, and arrange for pick-up or delivery. Depending upon location, may deliver merchandise to customers.
- Monitor entrances and exits in an effort to promote store security, safety, and to minimize merchandise loss. Request receipt or proof of payment in keeping with facility procedures. Escalate potential security concerns to store leadership.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties according to facility procedures to ensure a neat, clean and welcoming shopping environment.
- May provide assistance with a variety of other functions to support the team, including: counting and recording of inventory, loading customer vehicles, facility housekeeping and maintenance, cashiering and customer support. Functions and frequency will vary by location.
- Participate in specialized training, certification courses, and/or meetings as requested. Learn and develop skills to enhance job performance.
- Work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers, co-workers, equipment, or inventory. Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Operate all equipment according to SSC policy and government regulations. Comply with OSHA regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Education: Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Prefer additional college coursework or Associate's Degree in agriculture, plant science, animal science, or a related field.
GRADE 421 Experience:
Requires six (6) months to one (1) year of work experience in a retail sales environment providing high quality customer service. Prefer previous experience coordinating merchandising programs. Prefer experience in agriculture, livestock / pet care, horticulture, or related industry. Previous Southern States work experience a plus.
Licensing: May require a CDL depending upon location
Requirements -- complexity of requirements increases with grade level
- Able to demonstrate effective leadership and coaching skills
- Able to organize and coordinate facility programs and events
- Able to consistently demonstrate customer-focused interpersonal skills, communicate in a positive and professional manner and resolve customer concerns effectively
- Effective knowledge of specialized area(s) including equine, livestock, pet, home, farm, and/or lawn & garden
- Able to learn and consistently demonstrate knowledge of facility guidelines and standard operating procedures for merchandising, inventory management, receiving, reporting, and other functions
- Able to learn and effectively apply knowledge of a wide variety of merchandise in order to correctly answer customer questions or varying complexity and make recommendations
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate percentages using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Computer literacy to utilize and operate various systems and software
- Attention to detail
- Able to speak, read, write the English language in a proficient manner
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands
- Requires a valid driver's license
Primarily performs essential job functions indoors in a climate controlled environment. Occasionally works outdoors and in the warehouse which is not climate controlled. May not be protected from weather conditions.
May be exposed to hazards including:
- Drafts, temperature changes and wet floors due to facility doors opening during adverse weather and the merchandising and care of plant material
- Merchandise, supplies and tools with sharp edges or containing hazardous materials
- Dust, odors, fumes and hazardous chemicals associated with sales and storage of dry and liquid fertilizers, crop protectants and other agricultural, residential, animal care and home care products
- Moving mechanical parts and vehicles, vibrations and electric current
- Noise levels where hearing protection is optional per PPE Plan
Schedule requirements will vary based on location. Extended hours and/or alternate work schedules may be required. Ability to report to work on time and in adverse weather conditions is required.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.