Messaging Engineer # 084551
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID:
MESSAGING ENGINEER # 084551
CREDIT SUISSE COMPANY OVERVIEW
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
The messaging Solutions team at CS is responsible for application messaging and middleware technologies, providing standard solutions for different technical requirements for all regions and departments of CS. The role will include all aspects of engineering, repeatable high quality builds for both commodity messaging platforms and those tailored for low latency uses. It requires close interaction with the other infrastructure teams within CS, vendors (to evaluate future directions), the development community, central architecture and the Messaging Operations team to which the engineering team provide L3 support. The role requires close collaboration with the development community providing guidance to business applications regarding their messaging requirements, at both a design and implementation level.
Skills and qualifications:
* Proficiency in deploying, administering and supporting IBM WebSphereMQ.
* Additionally similar experience with any of the following messaging products, SolaceSystems Message Routers, Tibco EMS, Informatica Ultra Messaging or AMQP, is desirable.
* The group is also responsible for engineering and supporting ESB products within the bank, and so experience with one of the popular implementations (for example IBM MessageBroker/Integration Bus or RedHat FUSE) is also desirable.
* Working knowledge of the technical solutions and paradigms used in the messaging domain.
* Working knowledge of at least one of the OS used within CS (Linux, Solaris and Windows).
* Working knowledge of Network infrastructure and Network protocols (TCP/IP, multicast etc).
* Competence in software development or scripting with common languages (Java, C/C++, .Net, Python, Perl etc) is highly desirable.
* Ability to communicate vision and ideas effectively to peers.
* Ability to cooperatively work within a large, global enterprise to deliver a specific business desire while enhancing the corporate environment as a whole.
* Intellectual capacity to break down a problem or situation into its component parts, identifying alternative solutions to solve, clearly articulating the pros and cons of each, and making clear recommendations for the best alternative.
* Computer Science education.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.