Metal Fabrication Team Member
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Landscape Forms LLC
Each member of the Landscape Forms team is expected to actively support the four Scanlon principles and the OnTrac criteria. We believe these are crucial to the success of an individual and the overall success of the company.
This position has the responsibility to be proficient at a variety of skills that lead to the successful operation of a team in a cell environment. In order to meet safety, quality, production, cost, and continual improvement objectives each member must be cross-trained and able to operate between the various areas and product specific lines.
Principal Responsibilities, (Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the principal accountabilities.
1. Operate within facility safety guidelines.
2. Knowledge of product descriptions, build sheets and dispatch.
3. Prepare daily priorities in preparation for production.
4. Maintain inventory control of materials using Kan Ban system.
5. Set-up, operate and maintain equipment used in area including preventive maintenance.
6. Recognize and prep critical areas to meet established metal prep and quality standards.
7. Must be able to weld/fabricate using either MIG and/or TIG and weld to product quality
8. Make and implement suggestions to continuously improve products and processes.
9. Produce a smooth, continuous flow of product through cell to achieve 95% on time delivery.
10. Adhere to the guidelines as established in the Employee Guidebook.
Education, Experience, and Skills
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent skill level, training or experience in related field.
Mathematical and Reasoning
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in common units of measure. Must have the ability to read a tape measure and engineering drawings and apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed instructions and deal with problems involving concrete variables.
Ability to read, comprehend, and write basic instructions. Ability to give clear instruction on procedures and policies.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds 10-20% of the time with good hand-eye coordination, stand up to 10 hours, and bend and twist 80% of the time. The work environment may be noisy and hot.