Metal Worker 2/C (4221)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Under supervision, to perform skilled work in fabricating, welding, burning, bending, blacksmithing and to assist a worker of higher classification with the more complicated work.
1 Assists with laying out the more complicated work and setting up and operating
contour cutting machines, drill presses, power shear, bending roll, spot welder, and
similar machines and sheet metal shop equipment.
2. Performs simple arc and acetylene welding and burning in fabricating or repairing
metal parts or tools.
3. Lays out and assembles the less complicated work, using engineering drawings,
sketches, samples and by any means necessary.
4. Makes or repairs equipment parts as directed.
5. Performs other related metal work as required and assigned.
6. Perform blacksmithing duties and operating the burn table
7. Perform general and routine maintenance of shop equipment lubricating and
cleaning up machines
8. Assists worker of higher classification with simple welding and burning in the field
including elevated locations (as needed).
9. Performs other work as assigned or required.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Associates degree in welding and fabrication technology or equivalent experience
- Interpret and work from prints and sketches.
- Some familiarity with the working properties of steel shapes, sheet metal, and other metals.
- Mechanical Ability.
-Must hold a valid Driver s License.
-Must have a working knowledge of applicable safety regulations and practices
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.