Metallurgical Engineer Shape Memory Alloy NPD
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGore is a technology-driven global company built on entrepreneurial innovation, integrity, and teamwork. Through our product leadership, we've been changing lives and changing industries, including medical devices, fabrics, electronics, and manufacturing, for more than 50 years. What can you change by joining Gore? Visit gore.com/change-life to find out.
Gore Medical Products has provided creative therapeutic solutions to complex medical problems for 35 years, saving and improving the quality of lives worldwide. As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for a Metallurgical Engineer to join our team in Flagstaff, AZ.
If you are searching for a company where you can make a difference, we're looking for you. In this role, you will provide new-product and technology development teams with metallurgical expertise in materials and process selection with the goal of accelerating the development time required to bring a design from concept to process feasibility point.
The ideal candidate will:
* Be passionate about providing metallurgical-engineering support for development of state-of-the art implantable medical devices and technology
* Be energized by working for a world-class manufacturer and collaborating on cross-functional teams
* Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
* Enjoy solving technical challenges and performing research to understand interactions between materials and medical device performance
* Developing expertise in the processing and evaluation of medical-device materials such as nitinol, stainless steel, and cobalt-chrome alloys
* Working closely with the design teams, prototyping and new-product development teams, other multi-disciplined engineers, product specialists, intellectual-property champions, supply chain, manufacturing associates, and regulatory agencies in the development of new products for medical applications
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Master's degree in Metallurgical/Materials Engineering, OR a bachelor's degree in Materials or Metallurgical Engineering or related discipline plus 3-5 years' experience in a related field
* Experience with shape memory alloys.
* Understanding of physical and mechanical metallurgical principals
* Knowledge of materials testing, such as tensile, fatigue, and corrosion testing
* Ability to work effectively in team situations as well as independently
* Creative thinker
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to travel up to 10%
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Experience with:
* Nitinol, stainless steel, and cobalt-chrome alloys
* The medical-device industry
* Electropolishing and surface science of metal alloys
* Familiarity with medical-device design and manufacturing processes
* Knowledge of statistical data-analysis techniques and the design of experiments
* Familiarity with quality-control systems, design control, validations, and regulatory requirements
Candidates must be " persons" as that term is defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). The term "U.S. Persons" includes resident aliens ("green-card" holders) as well as certain refugees, asylum-holders, and residents qualifying for temporary residence under the terms of 8 USC 1255a.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the US. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
KEYWORDS: Gore, job, Flagstaff, AZ, engineer, engineering, metallurgical, metal, materials, process, implantable, medical, device, manufacturing, product, development, nitinol, stainless steel, cobalt, chrome, alloy, physical, mechanical, principle, testing, tensile, fatigue, corrosion, electropolishing, surface, science, statistical, statistics, data, analysis, experiment, validation, control, quality