Metallurgist / Customer Technical Service Engineer - Carbon Steel Sheet Products
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Steel Processing Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONLOCATION San Francisco, California area
INDUSTRY Steel Industry
This position is with a producer of cold rolled and coated sheet steel products.
* Resolve claims issues with customers. This includes investigation, analysis, negotiation and final disposition/settlement of the potential claim.
* Work with operations and QA to correct processes that create quality issues/claims.
* Provide technical support for sales. This includes reviewing specifications and determining customer products requirements.
* Work with outside sales force to increase market share and investigate new products/customers.
* Assist customers with processing issues.
* Assist in bringing new products to the market.
* Develop and teach metallurgy/specifications classes for internal and external customers.
* BS in metallurgy or a closely related field
* 5+ years of metallurgical / quality experience working with cold rolled and coated steel sheet products.
* Ability to travel25% plus.
Anticipated base pay in the 85-100K range. Incentive pay, excellent benefits include and relocation assistance.
REFERENCE# LTS 577 jdl33