Metals Prep Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 2/2/2017
ALS Environmental USA
* The technician is responsible to learn and utilize computer software and systems required to process data.
* Responsible to accurately document results in controlled logbooks, bench sheets, etc.
* Responsible to put prep batches together and accurately review this information for compliance and completeness.
* Must develop an understanding of quality control and the requirements of quality control.
* Recognize and maintain safe working conditions. Handle hazardous material appropriately and safely. Use appropriate safety equipment.
* Maintain a clean, orderly work environment.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Dedication to supporting goals, objectives, and philosophies of ALS.
* A commitment to cross training.
* Responsible to have a good understanding of the chemical separation procedure and develop an expertise such that atypical conditions are recognized and the impact to data quality is appropriately assessed and documented.
* Diligent work ethic and the ability to work as a team member.
* Familiarity with computer systems; A working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets a plus.
* Knowledge of basic lab skills, i.e. use of balances, pipettes, quantitative transfer of samples.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
* High energy level, confidence, and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to also work weekends.
* 4 year Degree in Sciences or Science courses and
* Experience in metals digestion preferred but not required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
* The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
* Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
* Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
* Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
* Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click the following link to view the EEO is the Law poster: