Meter Data Management (MDM) Solution Architect II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 1/15/2017
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Job Family: Information Technology
Discipline: Systems Analyst
Career Level: Specialist II
Department: Oracle Center of Excellence
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Meter Data Management (MDM) Solution Architect position is responsible for functional architecture, planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of highly integrated Oracle Utilities Application Suite, with specific focus on the meter system and data integrations. The candidate should have strong experience working in the utilities/energy industry, smart metering, smart grid expertise and the challenges that businesses face in moving to a smart-enabled utility.
The MDM Solution Architect will develop and maintain architectural standards and processes and have experience, assist with escalated complex support issues and coordinate the evaluation of new tools and technologies.
* Participating in project planning sessions for highly integrated systems with clients, business analysts, and team members. Advising on system options, risks, cost versus benefit analysis, and impact on the enterprises business processes and goals. Overseeing the defining, designing and project scope development for complex projects.
* Reviews buy vs. build decisions and assists in obtaining buy-in from Senior Management. Works closely with IT Leadership and Enterprise Architect to assure all systems are in line with IT long term strategy.
* Providing architecture recommendations based on long term IT organization strategy. Supports the development of the IT roadmap for assigned business areas.
* Translating (as well as providing technical expertise to others who are translating) business and technical requirements into business application systems. Establishes architect guidelines. Maintaining broad knowledge of a variety of programming languages and software technologies. Acting as an industry class expert in a cross section of technical disciplines.
* Providing guidance and support to multiple projects.
* Reviewing projects to ensure compliance to application architecture standards. Also responsible for defining standards to be utilized in software development/ integration. Performs peer reviews of project solutions.
* Provide guidance for the testing of systems ensuring system meets needs of client and business, while assisting others in similar efforts.
* Advising others on maintenance issues and concerns based on areas of expertise, and/or long term IT strategy. Handling escalated Tier II level support issues across multiple areas of expertise.
* Developing a thorough understanding of DLC-specific business, applications, data and technical architectures.
May coordinate the work flow of a given team. May support the review of work and knowledge transfer to other employees. Will be responsible for providing guidance to others in their area of expertise.
Roles at this level require industry specific experience. Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. With 10+ years of relevant experience. Certifications are often required.
You should have strong experience of working with meter data management system, particularly with utilities and/or energy clients. You will also have full life-cycle application experience which is coupled with a strong understanding of the inherent business challenges and processes in moving to a Smart enabled utility.
Successful candidates will also have the following experience:
* Background in Utilities and deregulated markets
* Background in Smart Metering (AMI) in the Utilities sector
* Smart grid expertise, e.g. DRMS, VPP and microgrids
* Meter Data Management experience and integration into SAP IS-U (MDUS) and AMI head end systems
* Full Product / Software Development Lifecycle experience, including definition, requirements gathering, configuration and delivery
* Technical pre sales experience
* Required Skills
* Excellent degree results or equivalent
* Strong problem-solving, statistical and analytical skills
* Proven training and coaching abilities
Primary Focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Accountable for managing their own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically analyzing and developing complex solutions, which require the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Has well-established capabilities, acts as a resource to less experienced staff on routine issues.
Problems and issues faced are vague and require reasoning and problem-solving skills to identify root cause. Draws on significant past experience to perform role. Proficient in the body of knowledge of given discipline or specialty area. Accountable for making key decisions on functional solutions that impact both business and technical processes.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.