Meter Engineer - NE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
METER ENGINEER - NE
JOB ID 20162249 DATE POSTED 07/14/2016 DescriptionABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Primarily responsible for engineering design, implementation, integration, and troubleshooting support for electric distribution and sub-transmission facing technologies; the Distribution Controls and Integration (DC&I) Department is at the forefront of technology development for National Grid s U.S. business. Our team culture is self-directed and empowered. Team members work on a wide range of projects; taking innovative concepts/ visions and making them a reality. We are proud that the DC&I team is the go-to group for a vast array of stakeholders in developing realizable technology solutions for both today and a sustainable future tomorrow.
Ensure effective operations related to metering assets by providing engineering expertise and support for capital and O&M project work. Develop short and long-term asset strategies and ensure effective operations and safe designs. Evaluate and specify electric meters and related equipment. Provide metering designs and standards that meet ANSI C12, ISO-NE OP18, and State PUC Requirements., Support other business units with engineering and troubleshooting to meet local needs.
* Create and update metering standards, procedures, and specifications for meters and associated equipment, provide field support and product evaluations, ensuring ISO meter compliance. Support wholesale and retail meter installations.
* Represent Meter Engineering as the project team engineer responsible for design, engineering, and specification of metering equipment.
* Support Company initiatives for innovation and modernization of our energy delivery infrastructure (e.g., NY REV, MA Grid Modernization, SIRI, etc.)
* Engineer and support ISO compliant wholesale revenue meter points. This includes producing the annual testing and inventory report for the NYISO.
* Represent the Company on ISO OP18 committee.
* Represent National Grid with customers to resolve meter and meter related issues to ensure compliance on new installations.
* A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program with up to 7 years of related experience
* Advanced engineering degree(s) and/or PE preferred.
* Demonstrate good working knowledge of industry standards, safety standards, and existing electrical design codes.
* Must possess basic understanding of revenue metering systems and design concepts.
* Proficient MS Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
* Must be able to work overtime and/or holidays, nights, weekends as needed.
* Must be able to travel overnight outside the normal work area.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE. WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
Keywords: ANSI C12, ISO-NE OP18, and State PUC Requirements
:Electric Systems Eng
:Jul 14, 2016, 8:36:25 AM