You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com
We are currently building our in house Metrology staff and are looking for a talented Metrologies Specialist to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to maintain the systems necessary to convert data from traditional metrology equipment and the CT scanner into dimensional reports for the purpose of dimensional disposition by AQP s and product engineering.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform metrology inspection via CT Scanning, CMM programming, or optical inspection as assigned, and fully manage incoming workload to meet the needs of our internal customers.
* Analyze dimensional results to give feedback to the product team.
* Set up dimensional inspection plans and perform datum alignments on CAD models.
* Convert scan data to applicable format for dimensional analysis.
* Create, execute, and provide feedback for Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), correlation studies and capability studies.
* Evaluate drawings to determine the best method to measure a part as well as work with and provide feedback to engineering.
* Provide data and reports that easily convey dimensional differences visually.
* Develop CT related knowledge base, participate in the review of results with engineering and quality departments, and create best practices.
* Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
* Associate Degree in Technical Field or 5+ years of experience in dimensional inspection.
* 1+ years of experience with CAD/CAE/CAM files
* 3+ years of experience in dimensional inspection
* 2+ years CMM programming experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Solid knowledge of GD&T
* Good mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently or with minimal direction.
* Recognizes failures and set-up problems.
* Exercises good judgment to determine problem areas and need for appropriate verification and improvement
* Organized and meticulous
* Able to handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong computer skills with MS Office, Windows, e-mail, etc.