Mgr Cardiovascular Svcs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Round Rock, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 06240-48726
Days (rotating weekends)
The manager provides supervision to assigned employees in the Cardiac Cath, Vascular/Interventional Radiology, and Electrophysiology invasive labs, and Outpatient Cardiology Unit (Holding area) and coordinates unit/area clinical operations with other department discipline es. The manager is responsible for day-to-day operations of the areas, he/she directs the activities of the nursing, RCIS, Cath lab Techs and support personnel in the areas in coordinating patient flow to assure quality patient outcomes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrates effective working knowledge of equipment used in work area.
* Demonstrates effective guest relations with internal and external customers.
* Demonstrates knowledge of Meditech and general computer skills.
* Maintains confidentiality regarding patient information.
* Participates in budget control by using only those supplies necessary within the work area.
* Demonstrate an understanding of HCA s and St. David s Patient First safety initiatives through strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures.
* Recognizes that variables such as age, race, nationality, culture, disease-causing vulnerabilities, socioeconomic factors affect the patient populations under their care as defined in the unit s provision of care statement. Uses interventions appropriate to these factors (e.g., interpreter, dietary preferences, social service consult, etc.)
* Participates in preparing and administering department budget.
* Demonstrates effective record keeping.
* Makes difficult decisions.
* Varies working hours as needed to assure effective operation of the unit.
* Works with patients ranging in life span from infant to geriatrics.
* Capable of performing without direct supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or RCIS credential. Degree in healthcare administration, ASN, BSN or above. Minimum of 3-5 years of related Cardiac experience- as RCIS, or RN, plus 2 years of supervisory/leadership experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Required: Licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners, or RCIS. Current certification as BLS and ACLS Healthcare Provider
Reports to: Director, Cardiovascular Services
Positions supervised: Staff RN, RCIS, Cath lab tech, Echo Techs.
Last Edited: 09/05/2016