Mgr Conf Conventions 191816 -InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
* Do you see yourself as a
* Conference \- Convention Manager
* ? What's your passion? Whether you're into chess, shopping or farming, at IHG we're interested in YOU\. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies \- people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do\. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team\. This position will manage and coordinate all conferences, meetings, group functions and group activities booked through the sales department\. InterContinental Buckhead is one of Atlanta s established Mobil Four Star luxury properties located in the heart of the prestigious Buckhead neighborhood\. InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is a stately and sophisticated hotel that offers premier travel experience with 422 rooms, 31,000 square feet of flexible event space including our lavish ballrooms which can host up to 850 guests for a seated dinner\. The hotel also can offer space for 1500 for a convention, conference or reception and a 25,000 square foot Windsor Garden for outdoor events and full service Spa with 5 treatment rooms\. Our environmentally friendly venues feature high\-tech A/V equipment, onsite event planners and world\-class catering options including a certified Kosher kitchen\. New Southern Art Restaurant & Bourbon Bar featuring Celebrity Chef Art Smith and his southern, soul and family recipes with farm to fork freshness\. New Restaurant concept opened in October 2011 following full renovation of Restaurant, Bar, Hotel Lobby and all 422 sleeping rooms redo\. Room Service is 24 hour operation\. With over 26 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international luxury presence with southern charm\. InterContinental Hotel is one of 16 hotels in North America\. This position manages and coordinates all conferences, meetings, group functions and group activities booked through the sales department\. You will negotiate food and beverage prices, function space, and hotel services within approved departmental booking guidelines\. This includes confirming in writing to the client and all affected hotel departments all group requirements via sales contract terms, addendums, confirmation of pricing, group resumes, and/or banquet event order\. You will work with sales staff to service and solicit new business and monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals\. Other hotel departments will work closely with you to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients\. Assist in the preparation of the departmental budget and implementation of the hotel's catering and conference strategy\.*
* You need some College plus 1\-2 years sales or marketing related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience\. Knowledge of hotel sales and/or catering preferred\. You need the
* bility to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc\. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays\. Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card, as required by local or state government agency, is also necessary\. In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan\. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people\. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself\. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG\. IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans*
* _Conference & Banqueting Services_*
* Requisition ID:
* _R123919_ .