Mgr, Customer Service - NOC - Tampa, FL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Mgr, Customer Service - NOC - Tampa, FL.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm, Day Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3762136
The Customer Services Manager is critical role within the National Operations Center at Quest Diagnostics, responsible for managing and directing all aspects of customer service operations. Implements and reviews operations center processes, policies, and standard operating procedures. Accountable for ensuring the highest level of service is provided to customers. Facilitates cross-functional initiatives to reduce defects and improve processes. Analyze business needs to forecast budgetary requirements. Develop and execute action plans in order to achieve corporate and local objectives.
This role will be based in the Tampa, Florida NOC location and will lead and coach a team of Supervisors and that will support the regions or lines of business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrates and promotes behaviors aligned with Everyday Excellence, Quest Behaviors and Values and LeadingQuest Capabilities
* Responsible for the supervision, coaching, monitoring, training, reviewing, performance management of assigned staff
* Responsible for developing strategies to promote employee engagement, create a high performing culture while delivering a superior customer experience to our Customers.
* Drives an environment of continuous process improvement locally by engaging employees to implement ideas that will simplify and improve their work. Supports enterprise continuous improvement methodologies and initiatives as appropriate.
* Consistently initiates and maintains communication with, and high level service to, our internal and external customers.
* Serves as a liaison maintaining communication and cross-training with other departments.
* Ensure efficient and effective daily client communications of samples being held for TIQs as well as ensuring timely client communication of Priority values, STATs and TNPs per SOP.
* Consolidate reports of daily, weekly and monthly trends. Report all relevant statistics to senior management.
* Follows-up with laboratories regarding challenges with test status or results.
* Identify and follow-up IT related issues and make recommendations for service enhancements by submitting LIS RFS documentation.
* Identify and follow-up with IT regarding telecom problems including service enhancements.
* Analyze business needs to forecast budgetary requirements and prepare budget report as required.
* Monitor department expenses and keep spending in line with budget.
* Work with Customer Service Supervisors and Customer Solutions staff to resolve difficult client problems.
* Oversee the support, direction, and training of business unit quality improvement such as Six Sigma, Standardization, BluePrint initiatives, living Quest values and our Company Vision and Mission.
* Oversee and support education of team members regarding company policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
* Prepare and submit monthly management reports including department metrics as required by Dashboard.
* Establish and review departmental procedures to ensure quality service is provided to clients.
* Oversee OSHA training, new hire training and QA competency training of all department staff.
* Develop and execute action plans in order to achieve corporate and local goals and objectives.
* On call after office hours and on weekends to resolve emergency client inquiries.
* Conducts visitor tours of Customer Services when called upon.
* Manage on-site or remote Supervisors and Agents.
Education Preferred: BA / BS or equivalent experience.
Work Experience: 5 years professional experience in leadership role in a customer service environment
5 years previous clinical laboratory experience preferred
Proficient level skills with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel
* Demonstrated success in fostering a positive and productive work environment, with ability to lead, build and motivate teams.
* Must be able to work in a matrix environment
* Broad understanding of the laboratory business and its service requirements
* Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues clearly and concisely.
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
* Proven ability to positively influence staff to drive results in achieving goals and objectives.
* Proven ability to manage and resolve conflict
* Adaptable and flexible with the ability to accept, create and manage change.
* Ability to travel at least 10% to 25%
* Customer Focus
* Strong Decision Quality
* Timely Decision Making
* Managing and Measuring Work
* Managerial Courage
* Process Management
* Business Acumen
* Motivating Others
How To Apply
After clicking the button at the top or bottom of the page to Submit, applicants will answer a series of questions and upload or enter resume information. After submitting for this job opening, watch your email inbox (and spam filter). Applicants are sent an email inviting them to complete a required online interactive evaluation, to demonstrate knowledge and abilities, and allow Quest Diagnostics to learn more about them.
If you need assistance with the online application or have questions about the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 262-439-1939.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.