Mgr, District Sales
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
As a District Sales Manager you will manage all sales activities within the defined District for NetApp Products and Professional Services. This challenging and high-visibility position provides leadership and management oversight to Sales Managers and mentors Sales Representatives. You develop long-term strategies and shorter term plans to meet aggressive revenue goals. You must be extremely results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at building internal relationships and external partnerships.
- Provide management oversight to Sales Managers within the District to drive all pertinent issues related to sales strategy and goal attainment.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with the sales management team on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Communicate Corporate strategy to employees within your District.
- Plan and direct activities including planning and implementing forecasts, marketing program development, relationship development, customer satisfaction and collateral material development and distribution.
- Establish short-term and long-term goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives.
- Identify needed resources for supporting sales strategy and develop a proposed budget for Senior Management review.
- Identify and qualify important Enterprise sales opportunities at the management level.
- Review management plans with other District Managers on a regular basis.
- Act as coach, mentor and educator to all Sales Representatives within your District.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure departmental goals are met.
- Keep senior management informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results.
- Assume responsibility for result, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with functional peers across functions including Marketing,
Sales Operations, System Engineering, Customer Support, and Product Development.
- Strong understanding of storage technologies and competitive offerings in the marketplace.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Experience as a Sales Representative with a track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
- Demonstrated experience working with Sales organizations and technical teams.
- Experience with developing budgets and predicting project costs.
- A demonstrated ability to manage professional level employees.
Management and Interaction:
- This individual uses their management and technical skills to develop, modify and execute company policies that affect operations and may have a company wide effect.
- The scope of responsibility for this person includes implementing strategic policies and establishing and adhering to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- This individual manages the coordination of activities of a District, with full responsibility for oversight in terms of costs, methods and staffing.
- May act as an advisor or subject matter expert.
- Sets revenue targets and ensures targets are met.
- This level of manager successfully manages subordinate level managers. Management direction includes checking work against objectives set.
- This individual must effectively work with, and influences senior managers through executive level employees, functional peers and/or major customers.
- The interactions of this individual require strong people skills, such as negotiating with customers or management, or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters on an organizational level.
- Acts in a leadership role within the function and across functions.
- Receives Senior Management review of objectives to determine success.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as an individual contributor and 5 years as a people manager is required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required. A Master of Science Degree in Engineering; or an MBA is preferred.
Full time / Part time
USA - Minnesota - Minneapolis
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.