Mgr, Laboratory (Auto Chemistry)- Chantilly, VA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Mgr, Laboratory - Chantilly, VA.
Schedule: Monday Friday, 8am 5pm, weekends as required
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763337
The Laboratory Manager is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all laboratory services provided by the departments under his/her supervision; directs the training, developmental and supervision of departmental personnel; plans and schedules the activities of the departments; assumes responsibility for the proper application of laboratory policies and procedures; and operates the departments on a cost-effective basis. The incumbent actively supports and complies with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Overall responsibility for department operations to include but not limited to quality, cost, and people.
* Responsible for the development and on-going maintenance of a detailed laboratory procedure manual; format established to meet accreditation and licensing requirements.
* Responsible for the justification, selection, retention, evaluation and training of qualified laboratory personnel.
* Responsible for maintenance of good client relations and ensures that technical personnel are responsive to client inquiries or problems and/or that they are directed to a competent authority.
* Responsible for compliance with department and company Quality Assurance and Quality Control programs.
* Assists in the preparation of the annual budget of the departments and submits to the Technical/Science Director and Lab Ops Director, for approval; operates the departments in a cost effective manner within budgetary controls.
* Prepares a monthly report for the Technical/Science Director and Lab Ops Director detailing departmental activities, revenues, expenses, and quality improvement projects.
* Ensures timely completion of department surveys; ensures review and investigation of survey problems, maintains department accreditation and certification.
* Attends laboratory management meetings and informs his/her employees of pertinent information.
* Provides testimony as requested or trains and provides appropriate personnel.
* Provides timely and accurate information for the professional services manual, TAT schedule, panic values, specimen requirements on an annual basis.
* Ensures that tests are performed in a timely manner using appropriate quality control procedures to provide valid data.
* Informs Technical/Science Director and Lab Ops Director of any significant problems affecting the proper performance of test procedures or complaints concerning the validity of test results, turn-around times, and the like.
* Ensures efficient operation of the department to maximize employee utilization and continuous workflow.
* Plans and reviews department results and operations on an on-going basis to determine areas for improvement.
* Actively supports and complies with laboratory policies and procedures.
* Responsible for developing, recommending, endorsing and reviewing test methods to include validation, documentation and installation of test systems.
* Ensures problem/corrected reports are minimized and strives for zero defects.
* Promotes continuing education programs.
* Responsible for recommendation, purchase, and evaluation of capital equipment.
* Coordinates and provides bench level supervision of projects directed by the Technical/Science Director.
* Responsible for vendors and/or special projects as assigned by the Technical/Science Director.
* Interacts with necessary department to satisfy client information requests.
* Maintains client and effective lab communication.
* Adheres to all established laboratory safety requirements. Responsible for safety of personnel.
* Required to use (a) personal protective equipment, (b) engineering controls and/or (c) work practice controls as directed by management.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned by competent authority.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biology, Medical Technology or related field, with 8 years related experience required. 2 years progressively responsible management experience preferred.
Open to all with lab experience, including ASCP +10 years of lab experience including
management of people; Masters with 5+ years of lab experience and management of people;
PhD with 3+ years of lab experience and management of people
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Broad knowledge of technical aspects of the tests performed and equipment utilized by the departments under his/her supervision.
Ability to stay up-to-date of the latest innovations in test methodologies pertaining to the departments of supervision.
Ability to develop and/or direct the implementation of new and improved laboratory tests.
Sufficient administrative and management skills to direct, control and plan the activities of departmental personnel.
Above average written and verbal communication skills.
Required to handle biological samples and potentially hazardous chemicals.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.